HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LFRP - Orion Mol

Go down 
OrionAllthoughts
Adventurer extraordinaire
OrionAllthoughts
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : No
Writer : Yes

LFRP - Orion Mol Empty
PostSubject: LFRP - Orion Mol   LFRP - Orion Mol Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr - 2:30

LFRP - Orion Mol Ffxiv_41

Known name/alias: Orion Mol
Known age: 32
Known origin: Born in Dravania, spent adolescence in Ul'dah, currently residing in Limsa Lominsa
Known occupation: Member of the Archanists' Guild, Field Medic in the Maelstrom Reserves

Spoken languages and voice: Orion speaks Eorzean with a very polished, trained Sharlayan accent. (It's almost too perfect.) His voice is mid-range but has a richness that gives the impression that it is deeper than it actually is. He has a tendency to use very precise language, especially when describing things to others. He is fluent in Xaela and conversant in Hingan. He can also read several dead languages including Ancient Nymian and High Allegan.

Remarkable physical traits: Orion is stupid tall, like irresponsibly tall. He's just over seven fulms. However, he's a bit more gangly than the in-game Au Ra build. His shoulders are narrower and he doesn't carry quite as much muscle in his chest and limbs. He gives the impression of a grasshopper or a greyhound; very long and all angles. Because of his disproportionate size, he has a tendency to hunch over when talking to people and folding himself in as tightly as he can when attempting to sit. He basically lives in a world that's just one or two sizes too small for him and he is very aware of it.

General behaviour: Orion is very mild-mannered and a bit shy when first meeting new people, but he can be quite the chatterbox around people he knows well or if you get him on the right topic (ancient history, botany, alchemy, etc). He has an inquisitive personality and a tendency to dig into a question or mystery until he finds a satisfactory answer. He makes friends slowly but for life. He is an enthusiastic letter writer and keeps up regular correspondence with friends and acquaintances across the star.

Known life story: Orion was born in the Sharlayan colony in Dravania. Both of his parents are academics and moved from the Azim Steppe to Dravania before he was born. When the colony was abandoned after the Garlean invasion of Ala Mhigo, his parents were unable to evacuate to Old Sharlayan on account of not being citizens. So their family was caught up in the wave of refugees into Ul'dah where Orion spent the rest of his childhood and adolescence.

As a youth, Orion joined up with a group of other young refugees (mostly Ala Mhigan) who advocated for better working and living conditions for refugees in Ul'dah. Preferring more direct action than their elders, they were quickly marked as agitators and thugs by the authorities. Orion spent more than a few nights in prison between the ages of 15 and 18. On his last arrest, he was tried as an adult and almost spent over a year doing forced labor. However, his mother's patron advocated for him, and his sentence was transmuted to clerical work. 

After serving his time in a stuffy office, copying ledgers for the Sultanate, Orion left Ul'dah for good. At his parents' urging, he enrolled as an apprentice with the Archanist's Guild in Limsa Lominsa. Orion thrived in Limsa. He excelled in his studies, despite his testy relationship with his Carbuncle, Walpole, and he made friends among his aprentice cohort and even a few Malestrom recruits. 

These days, Orion is a recently minted master within the Guild and an experienced field medic in the Malestrom reserves. He's seen some action during both the Ala Mhigan and Garlean campaigns. He did suffer a major injury to his upper-right leg and knee during the Garlean campaign. It mostly healed alright, though he walks with a minor limp and has to use a cane on cold-rainy days or when other factors cause the old injury to flare up.

RP hooks:

• Orion makes a comfortable enough living, though not as comfortable as his peers since he sends much of his spare income back to help his parents pay for living quarters within the city walls of Ul'dah. He also donates heavily to aid societies that work in Ala Mhigo and other regions recently freed from Garlean control. For this reason, he's always open to one-off adventuring jobs in his spare time. Typically he will travel with an expedition as a medic or people will call on his expertise in ancient history or botany if they are looking for a specific treasure.
  • Malestrom officers have the ability to requisition his services from the Guild for a limited period of time, so if your character is an officer, they can recruit him for a mission or project.
  • Orion has a soft spot for other refugees. If your character is struggling because they lost their home to war, famine, oppression, etc. he's going to immediately want to help them out without asking many, if any questions.
  • On the opposite side, Orion has a tendency to hold other Sharlayans in suspicion until he confirms whether or not they're an isolationist prick. If you have a Sharlayan OC, his knee-jerk prejudices could be fodder for some quality drama.

Relevant OOC info: I am very new to RP. I only ever did a little bit as a teenager and ever since most of my fandom writing has been solo work. So, I'd appreciate the chance to RP with others who have a bit more experience and are okay with helping me get my legs under me. For example, I'm not sure what sort of length, frequency, or style I prefer. I do tend to be fairly long-winded, as I'm sure you can tell, so I will probably default to longer chunks of text.
Back to top Go down

LFRP - Orion Mol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Roleplaying on Etheirys [shared verse] :: Character creation and guidelines :: LFRP (Etheirys)-
Jump to: