HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus

Go down 
TinyGamerTris
Sprout
TinyGamerTris
Artist : No
Roleplayer : No
Writer : Yes

Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus Empty
PostSubject: Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus   Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar - 13:15

I did it again~

If you know me on Tumblr, you probably know about my boy Gentian (check here for a whole bunch of info on him). Well I was thinking about him recently because I just made it to In From The Cold and I started thinking about his adopted family, and thus was Jude born.

Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus Jude_k10
Trained as a field medicus in the Garlean Army, he was found trapped under a Magitek Reaper by Kan-E-Senna and her healers on the field of Carteneau and was one of many soldiers rescued and treated in Gridania. He served at the Conjurer's Guild from then on, until he happened to meet a silly masked Pugilist and a dignified Thaumaturge...

(He is basically an AU of Gentian. If Jude lives, the time and effort taken to get him out from under the Reaper means Gentian's injuries claim him. If they find Gentian first, they're so busy saving him that nobody notices Jude until it's too late. For the want of a nail and all that.)
Back to top Go down
Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar
Roleplayer : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus   Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar - 20:45

Hard question, perhaps, for a start: How does he feel about Ala Mhigo and the refugees from Gyr Abania and other ex-Imperial provinces?

(Btw I fixed the link for you. It didn't work because of the empty space: next time you can add %20 where the space is and it should work just fine^^)

Sprout
TinyGamerTris
Roleplayer : No

PostSubject: Re: Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus   Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus Icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar - 9:52

Skaar wrote:
Hard question, perhaps, for a start: How does he feel about Ala Mhigo and the refugees from Gyr Abania and other ex-Imperial provinces?

(Btw I fixed the link for you. It didn't work because of the empty space: next time you can add %20 where the space is and it should work just fine^^)

alisaie2 Ooooooh that's what happened! Thank you!

He feels... complicated. Very very complicated. When you're raised to believe anyone who isn't Imperial born and raised is a savage, it's easy to believe justifications like "Look at them, they tried to summon an Eikon, they had to be stopped at all costs." Especially so when you're from a family of nobles, even if you are considered lower rank in nobility because one of your parents isn't pureblood Garlean.

Then he spent some time as the Medicus attached to a legion of mostly conscripts (with the implicit instruction of spying on them to prevent 'dissent') and started to actually get to know people. They didn't know he was half-Garlean because he doesn't have a third eye, so they treated him like one of their own, and pretty soon he began to... waver. He can't say he doubted, not then, but he grew to like them. Liked their stories of their homelands, the families they left behind. The close friendships they built to survive being forced to fight. He learned how to channel his aether into basic healing spells from conscript medicus', which got him into all kinds of trouble with his commanding officer. It was 'lowering' himself. An act unworthy of even a 'mongrel' like him.

And just when all that was coming to a head internally, his adoptive brother Gentian sent him a worried letter about the 'mental state' of Nael van Darnus, and his attempts to get in contact on top of everything else got him attached to a new unit. One at Carteneau, and you can guess how well that went for him. It wasn't his own people who got him out from under that Reaper. It was the Gridanians.

And then to top it all off he wound up going off to Little Ala Mhigo to track down Lahabrea and he saw the conditions they lived in, the things his people did to them, and something snapped inside. This was. This was wrong. Nobody deserved this.

He didn't want to fight in Ala Mhigo or Doma, but not because he didn't think they deserved their freedom from the wrongs being done to them. He didn't think he could bear to face his own people in battle again. Unfortunately he wasn't given much of a choice in the matter.

So overall... he feels guilty, and angry, and sometimes a bit homesick for the days when he didn't have to worry about whether the Empire was the good side of the war. It was easier then. But being good isn't easy.

(that kinda got away from me but I enjoyed it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus   Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jude kir Dravis - The Field Medicus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: Ask Them Anything-
Jump to: