HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage

Go down 
calico-heart
Sprout
calico-heart
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Empty
PostSubject: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 9:19

I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Ea037b59fbdd57e0f79686514f1fc468c58f3d74

I'lyrha is an outgoing, sharp-eyed Red Mage with a sordid past. Kidnapped as a child by pirate-slavers, her moxie impressed the captain, who decided to keep her and raise her aboard the ship as part of the crew, instead of selling her off. She grew up ruthless, did what she believed was necessary to survive, and had little context for other more humane ways of approaching life.

She was intensely suspicious of X'rhun Tia when he took her under his wing, and initially kept her history a secret for fear of his wrath. His altruistic kindness and unshakable sense of honor were her first real experiences with such things, and realizing that there were in fact "good" people out there completely shook her worldview. Knowing she'd never be able to go back to her old life with this newfound hope and guilt alike in her, she decided she wanted to be better, and committed herself to the study of Red Magic in earnest.

Lyrha's relationship with X'rhun eventually took on a romantic hue. She affectionately refers to Arya as "Little Sister." Lyrha also claims the loyalty of a griffin named Trimaran, born of Vochstein lineage, who was gifted to her by X'rhun. She isn't the Warrior of Light, but she and the rest of the Red Mages have often been called upon to help the Scions in matters of import. 

I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage 57003009_AZ9HEMV2YATCpb5

Generally, she is an inquisitive and playful person who knows how to bring energy into a room. But while her manners have improved somewhat in past years, she still swears like a sailor and her humor tends towards crude. She is extremely competitive, and can be quite aggressive - traits that drive her to excel at whatever she sets her mind to. Though she lacks a formal education, she's actually quite intelligent. She won't be able to explain to you how her magic works in "Sharlayan words", but she can cast with the best of them.

Ultimately, she wants to do the noble thing. She does not always possess the wisdom to discern this, and has just enough slyness to get herself into trouble in spite, or because of, her good intentions. Lyrha is slow to trust and still learning how to be genuine with others. She struggles to ask for help, even when it's obvious she needs it. It should also be noted that she is extremely superstitious, and quite fearful of voidsent - much to X'rhun's chagrin.

I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage 56578745_rw4ioyqMuiww5no
Back to top Go down
thefinalwitness
Sprout
thefinalwitness
Artist : No

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar - 11:52

points!!! points!!!! fellow red mage!!!!!

does she naturally lean more towards light or dark magic, and if so, what kind of experience has it been for her to try and curb that for red magic? is balancing it still a work in progress, or has she since developed means of dealing with it?

also, when did she realize she had a case of the feelios for mister x'rhun tia? :3c
Back to top Go down
PaintedScales
Adventurer
PaintedScales

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar - 19:00

What was it like when you first met Trimaran? They look pretty fierce, after all. Did they trust you right away?

calico-heart
Sprout
calico-heart

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar - 20:05

thefinalwitness wrote:
points!!! points!!!! fellow red mage!!!!!

does she naturally lean more towards light or dark magic, and if so, what kind of experience has it been for her to try and curb that for red magic? is balancing it still a work in progress, or has she since developed means of dealing with it?

also, when did she realize she had a case of the feelios for mister x'rhun tia? :3c

Red Mage Red Mage!! \o/

You know, my initial assumption for her was that she would lean towards dark - it just seems "obvious" since she's got a bit of a temper and, well, ex-pirate and all. But as I've developed her more and gone on curiosity-binges into game lore, I actually think she might lean more towards light!

To be sure she can conjure some terrifying flames and bolts of lightning! But even just as a sailor, Lyrha has always had a particular affinity for the wind, and even abides an old sailor superstition when casting aero spells - she "whistles to summon gales", and is convinced this makes her magic more powerful.

And the truth is, she did exist in a kind of stasis for many years before meeting X'rhun. She didn't challenge her status quo, she accepted the world at face value and didn't think things could, or would ever be, different. And White Magic can wreak havoc as readily as Black, when it's not chained to the Elementals as a source, so!

Tl;dr, she's light leaning! Balance can still be a struggle at times, but with X'rhun around to shake things up and keep her on her toes, I think learning to even the scales goes hand in hand with learning to embrace Red Magic and a new way of life!

--

I think her feelings for X'rhun started taking root pretty early on, but Lyrha wouldn't admit it to herself for quite a while. It hit her outright when X'rhun discovers Lambard is still alive, and decides to go after him alone - in the past Lyrha wouldn't have bothered risking her own neck for someone else's vendetta. Especially not against someone like Lambard who's involved in voidsent nonsense (she's terrified of voidsent!)

But she feels a sense of loyalty to X'rhun, and doesn't want to lose him. And so even when that showdown plays out the way it does, Lyrha doesn't run. She stands up to defend her new family.
Back to top Go down
calico-heart
Sprout
calico-heart

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar - 20:13

PaintedScales wrote:
What was it like when you first met Trimaran? They look pretty fierce, after all. Did they trust you right away?

Lyrha pins her ears back. "Right away? It took moons! Ornery beast's first order a' business was tryin' t'take me arm off when I went to pet 'im." She glances back over her shoulder, "For Little Sister it's all chuffs and nuzzles, he'd roll over an' wag 'is tail if she asked. But I ask 'im to give me a lift to the next town an' promisin' anythin' short of a golden carp gets bird-shit all over my bedroll next time I turn 'round."

Though she sounds irate on the surface, the casual roll of her eyes implies the rivalry with her griffin is one of mutual amusement. They are both wild and reckless things.
Back to top Go down
WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar - 17:46

What is the easiest part of being a Red Mage? What about the hardest part? Why?
Back to top Go down
Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar - 19:43

Which Scion have you met? Do you get along with them?

Sprout
calico-heart

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar - 5:45

WanderersWay wrote:
What is the easiest part of being a Red Mage? What about the hardest part? Why?

"Ehm..." Lyrha pauses, lip pursing. "Easiest? Callin' t'wind. Always answers me." She nods to herself, tapping her hands on the table, and thinks maybe a little too carefully for a moment before choosing her answer, "The hardest part is maintain' the bloody outfit. Sailors don't give a rat's ass wheter ye've sewn patches in yer clothes, but tis?" She gestures to the the immaculately fitted ensemble of straps, buckles, and crimson-dyed finery, "I'm wearin' a damn fortune and expected t'look a part. I can't just rinse t'damn tings off in seawater now can I?"

Skaar wrote:
Which Scion have you met? Do you get along with them?

Lyrha tilts her head back, ear flicking. "I've met.. most of 'em I reckon'?" She scratches the back of her head. "Alisaie trained under X'rhun fer awhile. Plus we - te Red Mages y'see - stayed on in Mor Dhona fer some time, an' tose Scions we didn't fight alongside doin' various darin' do's, we saw in passin or at t'bar. That Aenor," Lyrha scoffs, "She knows what she wants, doesn't she? An' Tataru could talk a fish outta keepin' it's scales." Tail twitching, Lyrha shrugs. "I get along wit'em all well enough. Alphinaud's t'most fun t'tease."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage   I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'lyrha Rinha - the Notorious Red Mage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: Ask Them Anything-
Jump to: