HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!

Go down 
varrok
Sprout
varrok
Artist : No
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Empty
PostSubject: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 1:29

Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Amelin11

A Duskwight with considerable artistic talents, Ameline is often seen as a bit of an eccentric. Though she's polite enough, her mind is often elsewhere - but in front of a canvas, her focus is so singular that all else in the world seems to melt away. While fame isn't her ultimate goal, her skill is noteworthy enough that she can live off of commissioned works for wealthy clients, while still leaving some time for her own creative pursuits.

Ameline is visited regularly by ghosts and spirits from beyond, a fact she'd never admit to any but her most trusted friends. It is through her interactions with them, and what she learns from them, that she draws much of her artistic inspiration. And it's also from this that much of her idiosyncrasies stem - sometimes, the lines between vision and reality can start to blur!

Hiya! Ameline is my newest character, and definitely one of my more experimental ones in terms of her concept. But, I figured she'd be perfect for an ask-anything thread; hopefully she's interesting to y'all, and I would love to answer any questions you might have, to flesh her out a bit more! c:
Back to top Go down
TheDeerLord
Adventurer
TheDeerLord

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 2:33

Hello Ameline! The supernatural is such an interesting source for artistic inspiration; when did you first notice that you were able to interact with these entities from the afterlife, and what was that first time like? 

On a bit of a lighter note, what subjects do you most enjoy painting, and what techniques do you use the most? Is there a single style you gravitate towards, or is it more a mix of different things that catch your interest?
Back to top Go down
PaintedScales
Adventurer
PaintedScales
Artist : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 8:21

Ameline, what are some stories you can share with us about your interactions with those that still linger outside the aetherial sea? Anything of note? Perhaps sad or heartbreaking, maybe even happy and uplifting pending on the subject?

WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 10:42

Ameline, I might have accidentally stained my carpeting with some oil paint. What's the best way to clean it without tearing up the entire carpet?

(This is not something that actually happened to me OOC. I am just being cheeky and having fun. <3)
Back to top Go down
angel_dlatu
Adventurer
angel_dlatu

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 12:31

Do you find that some of the inspiration the spirits bring to you is perhaps a bit unwelcome? A bit frightening?

(I'm so thrilled to see another character who is artistically inspired by ghosts. I've had a character for 20 years now who was tutored by ghosts to develop her art.)

Sprout
varrok

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 15:25

(Thank you for all the questions! And apologies in advance - this'll likely end up being a pretty lengthy post, to reply to them all. Very Happy )

TheDeerLord wrote:
Hello Ameline! The supernatural is such an interesting source for artistic inspiration; when did you first notice that you were able to interact with these entities from the afterlife, and what was that first time like?

"I don't know if I was always able to see them, or if I gradually started to notice them over time; it's something that could easily have been explained away as a child's overactive imagination! But the first time I can distinctly recall was when I was around thirteen summers. I'd been sitting on a bench, having a conversation with another child - and then when my friends arrived, they asked why I was talking to myself! And they didn't believe me at all when I tried to explain. It was then that I realized something else was afoot."

TheDeerLord wrote:
On a bit of a lighter note, what subjects do you most enjoy painting, and what techniques do you use the most? Is there a single style you gravitate towards, or is it more a mix of different things that catch your interest?

"For my personal work, it's mostly things that catch my interest! I can paint portraits quite well, since that's what much of my commission work entails. But I've always loved painting landscapes; ones on the scale where individual people might be indistinct, and you can easily imagine yourself among them. One of my favorite works is a landscape of the markets in Kugane - I feel I was able to capture the movement and the energy of the crowd particularly well, among the beautiful architecture there."

PaintedScales wrote:
Ameline, what are some stories you can share with us about your interactions with those that still linger outside the aetherial sea? Anything of note? Perhaps sad or heartbreaking, maybe even happy and uplifting pending on the subject?

"While it's of course not true for all of them, I find that many of the ghosts I encounter linger because they're afraid of passing along, intent on seeing to unfinished business, or simply just lonely. I've heard many heartbreaking stories because of that. When I can, I try to talk to them to help ease their worries - and sometimes my art can help, too. Some just want to be remembered, and painting a portrait or a favorite memory can go a long way toward setting their minds at ease and helping them find peace."

WanderersWay wrote:
Ameline, I might have accidentally stained my carpeting with some oil paint. What's the best way to clean it without tearing up the entire carpet?

(This is not something that actually happened to me OOC. I am just being cheeky and having fun. <3)

"Try using a bit of paint thinner, but test it somewhere inconspicuous first, to make sure it doesn't ruin your carpet! If it doesn't, apply a bit of it to the stain and remove what you can. Then rinse it, and repeat until you're able to get as much of it out as you can. If it doesn't work, though, you might be out of luck - I've had to replace carpet before due to a particularly large spill!"

(Totally fair! I'm definitely not a painter OOC, but I'm guessing Ameline would have personal experience with that sort of thing, given her sometimes-chaotic way of working c:)

angel_dlatu wrote:
Do you find that some of the inspiration the spirits bring to you is perhaps a bit unwelcome? A bit frightening?

(I'm so thrilled to see another character who is artistically inspired by ghosts. I've had a character for 20 years now who was tutored by ghosts to develop her art.)

"Oh, yes! My ability to see and interact with them isn't one I can turn off at will, so at times I'm visited by a spirit in distress, or simply one who fancies themselves a bit of a troublemaker. I've had many a night of interrupted sleep and the occasional fright because of them. And other times, when I channel their visions to put them to canvas, the results can be unexpected and startling; scenes of battle and the like. But that's not always the case - sometimes, they simply want to depict a favorite memory, and I try to oblige them when I can."

(That's awesome! I'd love to learn more about them when you feel so inclined! c: )

Thank you all so much for your questions! Figuring out the answers (and working on her voice!) was a lot of fun and occasionally a challenge, but it's been a great help to flesh her out as a character!
Back to top Go down
Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar - 15:01

Is there anything you'd love to paint but never quite managed to for any reason?

Sprout
thefinalwitness

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar - 12:06

such a cool concept!!! the combination of artist and ghost-seer is so unexpected and fun, i love that!!

which does she find easier to understand or relate to, the living or the departed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!   Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ameline Drauvaire: Ask Her Anything!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: Ask Them Anything-
Jump to: