HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire

Go down 
Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar
Artist : No
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Empty
PostSubject: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeSat 10 Dec - 13:43

Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire 3np2

A battle veteran known to have fought side by side with the Alliance on many occasions, Inge left the Golmorre Jungle—the only home she ever knew—in search of answers to her visions twenty years ago. Answers that she got, in time, alongside precious friendships gained and lost that left her with a rather quiet temperament that hides her recklessness and love for the unknown.

Many speculate that she's perhaps closer to a white mage than a conjurer, though she makes no efforts to clarify the situation. The Gridanians who spent the most time with her usually assume she can hear the Elementals and when she's not out there adventuring or fighting, she's deep inside the Twelveswood on one mission or another for the Twin Adder.

[Exists as a "simple" adventurer as well as the quietest half of a pair of Warriors of Light, depending on the verse.]

Adventurer
PaintedScales
Artist : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeFri 23 Feb - 8:26

Ooh! Is there anything about the Golmore Jungle that you remember, Inge? Negative, positive? Just a general memory that you don't know why you remember?

OrionAllthoughts
Adventurer extraordinaire
OrionAllthoughts
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : No

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeFri 23 Feb - 23:45

Hi Inge! How did you become a medic? Did you go through training, or do you have a natural affinity for healing magic?
Back to top Go down
Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeSat 24 Feb - 19:55

PaintedScales wrote:
Ooh! Is there anything about the Golmore Jungle that you remember, Inge? Negative, positive? Just a general memory that you don't know why you remember?

The Viera remains quiet for a time, adverting her eyes as she seems to be pondering the answer.

"I cannot pretend to know all of the Jungle. It is a vast place, after all, and I was from a small village deep inside its belly. But I remember most of my people's ways, and I suspect if I were to come back, it wouldn't have changed much. As you might already know, she adds with a discreet grin, change happens slowly to us."

She then takes a deep breath, playing with the ring she wore as a pendant.

"But those are bittersweet memories, for I cannot and do not wish to come back. It's not the way of my tribe to welcome foreigners and I would have to prove to them that the outside doesn't have its hold on me anymore. But I have found home here. I think."

OrionAllthoughts wrote:
Hi Inge! How did you become a medic? Did you go through training, or do you have a natural affinity for healing magic?

"It's a... difficult question to answer. This is who I am, not what I do, but I'm not sure I have the words to translate my people's ways better. So to answer in a manner more familiar to you, it is a little bit of both. I've always had an affinity for elemental magic, and the elements—and nature—are where all healing come from. But I had to be trained, and I've been told a few times that I could benefit from some additional lessons to, I quote, "refine my technique". The Gridanian conjurers are certainly opinionated about how to do such magic..."

Adventurer
angel_dlatu

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeSun 25 Feb - 3:33

What were those visions, anyway? What would be so strong as to make her leave her home?

Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 18:14

"They're like... It's like this feeling you have, sometimes, that there is something you should be doing but you don't quite remember what. Except, at times, they come as images from an usually not so distant future, and once you're in that place, you realize why you were needed.

At first, I thought those were sent by the Woods spirits, that they'd chosen me to speak in their name. But how could it be when I saw a giant beast the like only our most ancient legends talk about burst out of a moon and lay devastation to a place that looked nothing like home?"

She adverts her gaze for a second before sighing.

"Ideally, you figure once you live through it why it was that you were needed there. This is an answer I do not have."

Sprout
Rayn
Artist : yes
Roleplayer : no
Writer : yes

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar - 10:26

How do you like Gridania, Inge? Some folk tend to be more welcoming than others.
Back to top Go down
Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar - 20:21

Despite her face remaining neutral, her eyes glint with overt amusement.

"Most definitely." She settles more comfortable in her chair. "In many ways, it reminds me of the forest I left behind. We... They worship it in quite similar ways to what we do here, although I can't say I remember my people as being so terrified of the very nature they depend upon. Perhaps the fact that everybody could here the spirits helped in feeling less frightened by the Woods?"

She takes a moment to ponder the question.

"I should add now that when I speak of my people, I do not speak of all Vieras. Which, in my native language, just means "people of the forest" and isn't related to what we look like. But I digress. What I wanted to say is that there are many people and many different customs in the Jungle so I don't know the ways of all of them. In my village, at least, we could all hear the forest spirits, and there was no need for middle folks in this regard.

And, quite frankly, we were even less welcoming than the Gridanians so I can hardly fault them for it. If anything... It will sound strange to you, I'd imagine, but the more welcoming nature of the other Eorzean nations has been overwhelming at times. I appreciate the reserved temperament of those who live here, and I think my understanding of their ways helped me find my place among them."

(I hc the Golmore Jungle a bit like the Amazon Rainforest, meaning a lot of different cultures.)

PostSubject: Re: Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire   Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inge, bunny & medic extraordinaire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: Ask Them Anything-
Jump to: