HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LFRP - Quiet Gale

Go down 
baenling
Sprout
baenling
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Ehh

LFRP - Quiet Gale Empty
PostSubject: LFRP - Quiet Gale   LFRP - Quiet Gale Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar - 2:18

LFRP - Quiet Gale 77fa615fb0d91489e5079fbe7cda4500964bd6c0

Known name/alias: Quiet Gale
Known age: 26
Known origin: Abalathia
Known occupation: Hedge witch, spooky dark magic nerd.

Spoken languages and voice: Eorzean, the old tongue (roegadyn language), learning ancient sil'dihn & hingan.

Remarkable physical traits:
I need to redraw her art, but her hair is much kinkier than depicted ingame. She's often thought to be cursed, tainted, ill, or similar, because her (ink black) nails are much longer and sharper than what should be possible in a normal, healthy roegadyn.
She's also undeniably fat, and I want to bring it up because I need people to be normal about it. I do not want people coming into my inbox or whatever trying to debate with me about whether my character should be fat or not. I don't want to discuss her physical activity or eating habits or whatever. I also don't want y'all thinking that it can't enter RP, because I'm not entirely closed to talking about it in character. There are worthwhile conversations that could be had about it. But at this point I don't trust anyone not to be stupid about it, and if you do bring it up in RP I hope you will understand if I kibosh it OOC or if Quiet simply turns your offending character into a newt for a little bit or something. Hope nobody takes this personally, we're all getting to know each other still.

General behaviour:
Generally polite and quiet (ha), preferring to listen and observe in most cases. She is autistic (like myself) and often displays common traits like fidgeting with small objects, has trouble picking up on social cues, et cetera. Treats her magic like a tool: with a reasonable amount of respect, but still an object, and will often use it to accomplish minor tasks like closing a window from across the room, heating tea, and so on. Scholarly and accustomed to the practice of academia. Obsessed with harlequin romance books and doujins. Tries to style herself after an evil sorceress queen like in such novels, complete with ojou laughs, but doesn't actually have the heart to hurt anyone for real. It's for the aesthetic. You understand.

Known life story:
Studied magic at home in the mountains. Her family has a huge streak of magical power through it's bloodlines and they are especially prominent in her, even compared to her siblings. Often the favourite child because of her quiet nature, but would often explode into tantrums for seemingly no reason. Left home later in life than most usually do, but wound her way to Ul'dah and worked in the ossuary while learning Ul'dahn style thaumaturgy (which was really just an excuse to insert herself into the guild. She learned fireball when she was four, guys. C'mon. Learned these guys have a real problem with voidsent. (My headcanon is that the hellsguard who live in The Mountain actually are charged with standing vigil over a real gate into hell, or the void, or whatever. Demons! I think there should be a portal in the mountain for real! And that's obviously why the hellsguard tend to be such powerful black mages. They have to be. So voidsent are treated with MUCH more fear and respect in traditional hellsguard society because they are real and they are ever present in their culture and their folktales. It's all warnings about what would happen should the wards around the portal fail. I know there's a headcanon section, I'll get around to posting it there eventually. No hellsguard lore AT ALL SO I GUESS WE HAVE TO DO EVERYHTING AROUND HERE OURSELVES,)
Where was I. Right, voidsent in Ul'dah! Quiet is surprised to learn that voidsent are just kind of floating around fucking with people and is bewildered by this, so instead of working in what is basically the morgue all day (and don't get me wrong, she loves working in the morgue. Best source of thief fingerbones you'll ever find.) and starts working with the thaumaturge's guild to root out voidsent, necromancers, aether vampires, normal vampires. Whatever you need.
She's good at it but her sometimes strange manner is offputting to some and she can struggle to get financially viable contracts. As such, she's often very broke, and relies on the free company she's currently employed at to stay housed, clothed, and operational in Ul'dah.
Very recently, she's gone to Sharlayan as part of their foreign exchange program and is commonly found half-buried in tomes in the Studium, voraciously reading and making notes. Having an absolute blast of a time.

RP hooks:
- Hedge Witch: You need a potion? Charm? Fortune read? She's got you. She doesn't often prepare batches of things to sell but if someone is desperate, she'll always do her best to help. Whether she wants to or not Smile

- Occult expert: You got ghosts? Voidspawn? Necromancer cults? Aether vampires? She has a kit. And for an extremely reasonable price, Quiet will probably unfuck whatever needs unfucking. She's also very open to working in teams. There's always a bigger fish.

- Nerdery: She's extremely enthusiastic about a huge variety of magical, scientific, cultural and historical topics, and will happily gush about whatever. She also LOVES fiction novels and a large portion of her pay goes directly into the purchase of new books to read. Does your character own a bookstore? They have probably seen her before.

- Old Sharlayan: As part of the recent foreign exchange programs, Quiet has been spending a LOT of time studying and reading on the island. She can commonly be found in the Studium, or (less commonly) taking a break somewhere nearby. She might be looking for help to get the more interesting tomes from the more restricted areas, also.

Relevant OOC info:
I am a big time spoonie and it often impacts my leisure time. I'm not always up to RP. It sucks. If you RP with me you are probably going to have to exercise some patience, and I'm real sorry about that Razz
Length-wise, I'm a mixed bag. Sometimes I feel like a single sentence is much more impactful and gets what I'm trying to get across very succinctly. Other times I need a paragraph or two to say what I want to say, but I don't really write with any character count or length goal in mind.

I am a big potty mouth OOC and I try to lid it in conversation for the most part but it definitely comes out when I am feeling some kind of way, so I hope the fuckshit dicks and whatever don't upset you.

I will always try to be mindful of your feelings OOC and I try to always ask before a character does something big. Braining is sometimes hard, though. We've all been there. All I ask is that we approach OOC with the understanding that everyone is doing their best, period. It's really fucking hard but we can do it. Very Happy

Oh, also, Quiet is meant to be a smart character but her player very obviously is not, so. I dunno. Niceys me.  LFRP - Quiet Gale 1f605

I'm going to put it down here again in case anyone missed it above. Sorry if you already read.
I do not want people coming into my inbox or whatever trying to debate with me about whether my character should be fat or not. I don't want to discuss her physical activity or eating habits or whatever. I also don't want y'all thinking that it can't enter RP, because I'm not entirely closed to talking about it in character. There are worthwhile conversations that could be had about it. But at this point I don't trust anyone not to be stupid about it, and if you do bring it up in RP I hope you will understand if I kibosh it OOC or if Quiet simply turns your offending character into a newt for a little bit or something. Hope nobody takes this personally, we're all getting to know each other still.

This is so much writing. Holy fuck. I don't know how to make this easier to read. Also hugely WIP! This first draft is so conversational. I might change the tone later. Idk. Thanks for reading :>
Back to top Go down
https://baenling.carrd.co/

LFRP - Quiet Gale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Roleplaying on Etheirys [shared verse] :: Character creation and guidelines :: LFRP (Etheirys)-
Jump to: