HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!

Go down 
amaurot
Sprout
amaurot
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Empty
PostSubject: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar - 1:30

Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Lamont12

Once a well respected Wood-warder and mage, Lamont harbors a unique Draconic curse. In a ritual gone wrong, his soul melded with a child of Ratatoskr, turning him into a half-beast, half-man. The wrym, enraged at this act of betrayal, is constantly at odds with Lamont.

To sate the dragons yearning for home, he lives in Coerthas Western Highlands. He holes himself away in a cabin, avoiding unnecessary human contact. Although he is getting better at this, and always seeking to find a cure for his curse.

Lamont is old, over two hundred years old. He has spent most of those years in isolation, making him a little socially inept and cranky. He is very self-sufficient, having learned many of the skills from his days as a Wood-warder. He's a proficient hunter and fisher, and keeps a few karakuls for wool. He's kind of cryptid to the Ishgardians stationed there.

Although he can come across as curt and quick-witted, Lamont will always help passing travelers or share his wisdom. He has taken up music in an attempt to connect with Ratatoskr more.
Back to top Go down
PaintedScales
Adventurer
PaintedScales

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar - 2:40

Hi there, Lamont! When it comes to music, is there any of note that you seem to notice the most kind of connection with Ratatoskr? Any that seems to sour the understanding or connection?

TheDeerLord
Adventurer
TheDeerLord
Artist : No

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar - 3:13

Hello Lamont! Have Coerthas or the people who venture near where you live changed a lot over the course of your time living there? Any particularly memorable encounters, good, bad, or otherwise?
Back to top Go down
Rayn
Sprout
Rayn
Artist : yes
Roleplayer : no
Writer : yes

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar - 4:37

Hi, Lamont. You keep a few karakuls for wool, are they named? Or do you keep an emotional distance from them?
Back to top Go down
amaurot
Sprout
amaurot

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 21:51

Rayn wrote:
Hi, Lamont. You keep a few karakuls for wool, are they named? Or do you keep an emotional distance from them?

"It is not something I've ever considered, no. I suppose if I were to give them a name, something like "bothersome" or "tripping hazard" might be fitting titles...Perhaps I will begin to name them as such. It fits them.
I would not describe myself as an astute shepherd. I am the one that feeds them, and that is apparently enough to have them crowding my legs every time I visit...Tch..."
Back to top Go down
amaurot
Sprout
amaurot

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 21:59

TheDeerLord wrote:
Hello Lamont! Have Coerthas or the people who venture near where you live changed a lot over the course of your time living there? Any particularly memorable encounters, good, bad, or otherwise?

"They have been less than hospitable. I know little of their city or culture, and it's not as if they are jumping to share it with me. I have been declared all manner of things by those men in chain-mail. I heed them no mind.
In my ignorance, I once attempted to barter with a small settlement. While I had been hoping to attain some firewood, they simply shouted profanities at me and waved their sharp little sticks at me. I left. I have not returned since.
I have met a few kind folks, though. They bring me sundries from a place they called "Ishgard", I have never been."
Back to top Go down
amaurot
Sprout
amaurot

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 22:06

PaintedScales wrote:
Hi there, Lamont! When it comes to music, is there any of note that you seem to notice the most kind of connection with Ratatoskr? Any that seems to sour the understanding or connection?
"It seems singing is their preferred form of music, something I have little experience in. They sing in a language I only half understand. As time passes, I find myself understanding more bits of it. If this is due to simply exposure, or something else, I could not say.
When she is placated, she occasionally teaches me her songs. They once belonged to her mother, I believe. I am no bard. Her skill far surpasses mine. It is one of the few things we can speak about, although she is quick to impatience. I have invoked her ire one too many times."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!   Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lamont Laclaire - Ask him anything!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: Ask Them Anything-
Jump to: