HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is yalls favorite zone music?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
angel_dlatu
Adventurer
angel_dlatu
Artist : No
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 17:18

Weirdly enough, my favorite zone sound to listen to is by cranking all the music off, cranking the background sound way up, and being in the pre-Lightwarden-defeat Norvrandt zones with the Everlasting Light.

Because it has a sound and it is so viscerally creepy that it unsettles the hell out of me but I absolutely love it.

(Also "Close in the Distance" naturally, but "The Faerie Ring" [Il Mheg's night time music] is probably my favorite instrumental piece)

Adventurer
LilBittyMonster
Roleplayer : No

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 20:18

hephaestus wrote:
Always partial to the Lochs Night and Nobility Sleeps. it's been a while since I had any audio in game (computer broken) so umm maybe i'll give a listen through of all the area themes some day...
Nobility Sleeps, my beloved. The whole Heavensward OST, really, but man is that one of my go to comfort songs.
Back to top Go down
meteia
Sprout
meteia

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 22:59

The music in XIV is one of my absolute favorite parts of the game, I love getting to talk about it!
Some of my favorites in no particular order are:
  • Pain in Pleasure, the Everlasting Light theme for Eulmore
  • A Reason to Live, one of the Shadowbringers town themes
  • The Labyrinth, the Labyrinthos day theme (Potentially mild spoilers)
  • Vibrant Voices, the Radz-at-Han day theme (Potentially mild spoilers)

I have plenty more that I enjoy in regards to zone themes, but these are the ones that get stuck in my head the most.

WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Mar - 16:01

I think I'll always be particularly fond of To The Sun because of the nostalgia it brings me. I spent a lot of time listening to it because of how new I was to the game back then, and since I didn't really have many people guiding me at first, I took a particularly long time to level up. Whenever I had spare leveling I needed to do to grind out experience to advance MSQ, I kept going back to Thanalan.

I guess it's less about the music itself and more about the nostalgia involved. I am a creature driven by nostalgia and novelty.
Back to top Go down
stormclaws
Sprout
stormclaws
Artist : Yes
Writer : No

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Mar - 23:29

Giving a heavy second to Drowning in the Horizon. It's such a beautiful, airy theme that matches that open landscape. The Azim Steppe is one of the first places in game I stuck around to do multiple side quests just to get more lore on the area!

Adding in Where Dæmons Abide, the bg theme from the Pandaemonium raid series. I love how haunting it feels! The organs, piano, and the vocals contrast with the drumbeat + guitar combo. Definitely guilty of coming here and idling while waiting for my friends to start our weekly clears.
Back to top Go down
https://despairtempest.carrd.co
Onidraws
Adventurer
Onidraws

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 0:41

I love, love the cristarium theme at night, Knowledge Never Sleeps. The moment when the vocals hits, it's just so beautiful and reminds me of all the adventures my WoL went through.

Also the namazu's theme, Seven Hundred Seventy-Seven Whiskers. Because I freacking love namazus and I love their dumb quests.

https://onidraws.carrd.co/
LilBittyMonster
Adventurer
LilBittyMonster

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 2:02

WanderersWay wrote:
I think I'll always be particularly fond of To The Sun because of the nostalgia it brings me. I spent a lot of time listening to it because of how new I was to the game back then, and since I didn't really have many people guiding me at first, I took a particularly long time to level up. Whenever I had spare leveling I needed to do to grind out experience to advance MSQ, I kept going back to Thanalan.

I guess it's less about the music itself and more about the nostalgia involved. I am a creature driven by nostalgia and novelty.
Very much agree to the nostalgia feeling, I get the same way whenever I'm in the Shroud, especially Central Shroud. Being a lancer starter meant I got very familiar with those forests very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Spot Of Mummery
Adventurer
Spot Of Mummery

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Mar - 6:00

One of my favorites is an often overlooked ARR tune that only plays in a few small areas in La Noscea, most notably in Raincatcher's Gully. I don't know if it has a name by itself as it's usually just bundled into "On Westerly Winds," but I wish that it would play in other locations and would love an extended version one day.

What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Amonforumbanner
Back to top Go down
Eriyu
Sprout
Eriyu
Artist : ish
Writer : ish

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar - 3:50

Another vote from me for Drowning in the Horizon! I think the first time I made it to the Azim Steppe and heard the music as I took in the view actually left me breathless.

A strong second place goes to Civilizations. Yes, I know la hee is a meme, but I really unironically think it's just beautiful.

And third goes to Sands of Blood, the Amh Araeng night theme. I'm a sucker for piano.
Back to top Go down
LilBittyMonster
Adventurer
LilBittyMonster

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Mar - 14:52

Spot Of Mummery wrote:
One of my favorites is an often overlooked ARR tune that only plays in a few small areas in La Noscea, most notably in Raincatcher's Gully. I don't know if it has a name by itself as it's usually just bundled into "On Westerly Winds," but I wish that it would play in other locations and would love an extended version one day.

YEEESSSS I LOVE THIS ONE. Shinobi privilege of just standing outside listening to this for all the job quests, I wish it were on its own orchestrion scroll :/
Back to top Go down
godislobster
Sprout
godislobster

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Mar - 4:28

Shadowbringers was such a jam that pretty much all of it is perfect in my mind. The use of the oboe throughout the ost is brilliant. it was my most played album on spotify last year. I did the opening parts of Shadowbringers so right because I was overtired, late at night and I walked into the Cyrstrium with the horns blaring and it was the most immersed I had ever been in a game.

Favorite City Music: Knowlege Never Sleeps (the vocals echo in my mind and it is so evocative of the expac's themes and I love airy fairy music (Grimes' music is such a vibe.))
Favorite Overworld Music: Sands of Amber
Favorite Trial Music: What Angel Wakes Me - Titania 
Favorite Villian Theme: Bedlam's Brink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is yalls favorite zone music?   What is yalls favorite zone music? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is yalls favorite zone music?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: The Aetheryte Plazza :: The Aetheryte Inn-
Jump to: