HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?

Go down 

What Is The TOP Tank Class?
DRK (Dark Knight)
TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_left18%TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_right
 18% [ 2 ]
WAR (Warrior)
TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_left36%TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_right
 36% [ 4 ]
PLD (Paladin)
TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_left18%TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_right
 18% [ 2 ]
GNB (Gunbreaker)
TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_left27%TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Poll_right
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

angel_dlatu
Adventurer
angel_dlatu
Artist : No
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Empty
PostSubject: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 13:15

SOUND OFF, TANK MAINS! Defend your favorite class! (Or just post pictures of how awesome your tank glam is and let the scorn bounce off like low level damage!)

Adventurer
PaintedScales
Artist : Yes

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 17:35

I'm a Paladin main. It's the most comfortable to me. It's very satisfying having a lot of different utility to take heat off of other players  and be able to help out with healing when healers are clearly struggling, especially with the Requiescat + Clemency combo. If healers are REALLY struggling, then popping Cover to take damage meant for them has been something that's played a huge part in earning me commendations and /dotes from those healers that I've helped in the past. :p

Surprisingly don't have a GPose glamour shot, but I've drawn my tank glam here, and it's probably one of the drawings I'm most proud of.

Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 17:44

Against my best judgement, after years of genuinely disliking that job, after leveling it from 80 to 90 first among my tanks just to get rid of it...

I have to admit that Warrior...

... is actually...

... fun TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? 1f614

Even more fun that DRK or GNB.

Although I think I'm still more comfortable playing DRK considering I mained it during ShB and the muscle memory is still there (and I much prefer the DRK quest line over... well, any other really XD).

Spoiler for patch 3.4 and beyond:

Adventurer
TheDeerLord

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 17:58

Gunbreaker! Admittedly it's mostly rule of cool on this one; I think gunblades are the coolest weapon among the tanks, and watching Thancred in the Shadowbringers trailer definitely cemented that for me. And on top of that, I really enjoy "busy" classes that have a good amount of weaving, and Gunbreaker certainly fits that bill. Also getting to scare your local healers with an ill-timed Superbollide never gets old!
Back to top Go down
mandervillious
Sprout
mandervillious
Artist : no
Roleplayer : yes
Writer : yes

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 19:47

my boy has all three classic tanks and i love playing all of them! but cecil made me love dark knight before ffxiv was born, and i always default to dark knight when i feel it doesn't make a difference. i even adored the dark knight in ffx-2, i'm just in love with the guy in dark armor doing his best to do good by others. 

admittedly, i think warrior is probably the actual best tank. but it's my boy's first tank so i might be biased. FELL CLEAVE!

Sprout
Valdiis

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 19:45

While Aeluan is canonically a paladin, in actual gameplay he's a dark knight because I love the way the class plays. I even found a *gasp* crime that changes the spell effects to look more Light-based. Anyway, since we could show off our tankiness, have this action shot that I'm remarkably proud of.

TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? 281b8fa3a497c0e730d5369eea9497025d1c001d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitimeSat 2 Mar - 21:58

okay okay im a war starter so maybe im biased but

drk feels heavier and slower, which is fine, but not my style
pld feels clunky and obtuse : (
gnb just doesnt feel like much at all ..... i forget it's not just thancred with it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?   TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TANK-OFF! Which Class Takes All The Hits?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: The Aetheryte Plazza :: The Aetheryte Inn :: Polls-
Jump to: