HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hiya!

Go down 
thefinalwitness
Sprout
thefinalwitness
Artist : No
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

hiya! Empty
PostSubject: hiya!   hiya! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 0:49

Your Internet names: Yoshi is fine! They/them pronouns also please. <3
First language: American English
A fun fact about your country: I've heard other countries don't advertise their prescription medications as commercials on television, so I guess that's my fun fact: the United States does! (It's weird, I agree.)

Pick a color for your username: Yellow, please!

Since when do you play FFXIV?
I've been playing officially (after a few false starts) since March 2020!

How long have you been roleplaying?
For FFXIV specifically, I've dabbled in a couple open in-game events and walk-ups, as well as some closed RP with friends over Discord. More broadly, I've been roleplaying on-off for almost as long as I've been online (~20 years), with my last big RP activity being on Tumblr around 5-6 years ago, where I RPed a couple World of Warcraft NPCs. Smile

How many characters do you have in game?
Too many, lmao! I have characters on every NA data center, but my main and most significant alts are on Crystal, with a few extras on Dynamis!

Go on, talk about them:
I have 3 muses I actually intend to use here, but I'll post some tidbits of others I might like to play in the future, if people are interested or I get comfy. :3c I'll update this post if I add muses!

As a forewarning, many of these character descriptions contain spoilers for Endwalker!

hiya! Etheir10

L'aiha Kh
L'aiha is a Sharlayan-born miqo'te woman of 40 summers. She's most recognizable by her dark skin and blonde hair, and specifically the brown leopard spots that dapple her ears and tail. She's an aetherologist and Red mage who, as of Endwalker, presently operates mainly in Radz-at-Han and Old Sharlayan. She's a Student of Baldesion, and takes her job incredibly seriously, though also finds it to be great fun. She had an accident during the events of Carteneau that has left her with profound amnesia, but she has come into her own with her present identity and has few qualms with what she's lost. L'aiha is kind, mild-mannered and a bit shy, but a quick way to befriend her is indulging her in her latest research! You can learn even more about her on her carrd, if you like!

hiya! Etheir11

Minfilia Warde
In Hydaelyn's last moments, Minfilia's half-depleted soul approached Her and pleaded to be given new life, so that she might join her beloved friends in the fight against the Final Days. Hydaelyn granted this wish, and Minfilia was restored, albeit with much of her body replaced by crystal; a necessary compromise given the deterioration of her soul. Minfilia has ever preferred words to a weapon, and she has not changed in that regard, though her memories of all the Minfilias of the First have left her with more combat prowess than before. With the Scions disbanded, she has reinstated the Path of the Twelve, renamed the Path of Venat, and seeks those newly awakened to the Echo due to the Final Days, offering them community and guidance. She's been working in Thavnair most frequently. You can read more about my version of her in her entry on my FFXIV OCs/AU NPCs carrd!

hiya! Etheir12

Y'shtola Rhul
There's not much to say about her that isn't already known. Y'shtola is an Archon, formerly a Scion, and presently researching a means of travel between the Source and its thirteen Reflections. She's spent most of her time since helping to avert the Final Days collaborating with the Great Work in Thavnair. Ever mysterious and insatiably curious, she is compelled by any unanswered questions, and certain to follow them to their conclusions. You can read more about my version of her in her entry on my OCs and NPC Alts carrd!

Other OCs
- Io: A peculiar Keeper of the Moon, uncharacteristically tall and seemingly oblivious (but curious!) about, well, everything.
- Eir-A-Yan: A padjali Hearer, best known for their role as Gridania's ambassador in relations with the sylphs of Little Solace.
- Raih'li Tayuun: One of four Keeper brothers and no sisters, he works as Eir-A's bodyguard-slash-chaperone.
- Valensia eir Reidus: Formerly a supervisor of servants in the Garlean palace, she now spends her days cooperating with the Garlemald Contingent.
- J'lhana Eiha: The younger sister of L'aiha, recently reunited and, less recently, imbued with the aether of her mentor's Leviathan-Egi.
- L'khilo Tia: A cheerful and resourceful Seeker, he is the founder of the Advent Coalition, an organization that seeks to redistribute lost or ill-gotten wealth to worthy causes.
- "Snowshoe": A mixed Veena-Rava viera who lives with his disabled mother in the Twelveswood wilderness, and can sometimes be overheard talking as if to himself.
- You can read about all of them on my FFXIV OCs carrd, if you like!

Do you draw or write?
I write! I have a couple ongoing (though very sporadically updated) projects on Ao3, and I sometimes post oneshots on Tumblr. All but one of my two bigger projects are FFXIV. Smile

What are you expecting from this community?
I'm hoping to make friends, stretch my writing muscles, and learn and grow in my understanding and appreciation of FFXIV! I'm very laid back in terms of lore compliance, if my Minfilia alt doesn't give that away, and I'm much more interested in the fun of things than going by-the-books, so to speak.

I also want to make clear I don't intend to do any NSFW roleplaying on these forums! I'm also not open to shipping at this time, though I may reconsider this in the future!

Where else can we find you?
Tumblr: thefinalwitness - my ffxiv sideblog! i talk about my ocs a lot here.
Archive of Our Own: ilikeyoshi - where all my big writing projects are, including my origins fanfic about l'aiha called sunspots!
Glamour Dresser: thefinalwitness - i host mods i've made here! they are always free.

Et Cetera!
from hereon out i'm deviating from the template provided to talk a bit more about myself, and also drop the capitals, as this is how i normally type out-of-character, haha. like i said above, you can call me yoshi! i enjoy ffxiv, the legend of zelda and, most recently, dungeon meshi. Very Happy i also love writing, cats, and occasional mod-making!

as a heads up, i am also chronically ill, so my availability can be sporadic at times. writing and roleplaying tend to be easier activities for me, so my hope is this won't impact my presence here much, but if i'm ever scarce, this is probably why! i'll try to get back to things as soon as i'm able, but i appreciate your patience in case of flareups. <3

thanks so much for reading! i look forward to dipping my toes into things!
Back to top Go down
PaintedScales
Adventurer
PaintedScales
Artist : Yes

hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hiya!   hiya! Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 6:38

Oh hi! I think I've seen some of your posts and GPoses on Tumblr! :>Welcome!

L'aiha sounds like such a joy to be around. ; w ; I'll have to poke around her carrd when I have more spoons to deal with more tabs than I currently have (I'm not a tab hoarder, I swear! They've just gotten out of control these last few days while I've been doing my own research  hiya! 1f62d ).

I've also been really enjoying Dungeon Meshi! It's been a great anime to watch on Thursday nights with the partner. ; w ; Aaaa I wish it didn't make me so hungry sometimes, though, haha. All the food looks so delicious!

Skaar
Hear, Feel, Think
Skaar

hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hiya!   hiya! Icon_minitimeThu 29 Feb - 22:30

Oops, I saw your post when I was busy and forgot to come back to it later. My apologies for the delay!

Without further ado then: welcome o/ And you've been given your color, as everything is in order.

Looking forward to learning more about your OCs (and your version of Y'shtola <3)

Sprout
thefinalwitness

hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hiya!   hiya! Icon_minitimeThu 29 Feb - 22:35

Skaar wrote:
Oops, I saw your post when I was busy and forgot to come back to it later. My apologies for the delay!

Without further ado then: welcome o/ And you've been given your color, as everything is in order.

Looking forward to learning more about your OCs (and your version of Y'shtola <3)

aaaaa no worries! thank you so much!! i was so excited about the yellow, it's one of the biggest colors i associate with l'aiha LOL.

and thank you!! i was really happy to see free form rp get approved so i could play my npc alts, hehe ;w; i just think they're neat LMAO
Back to top Go down
thefinalwitness
Sprout
thefinalwitness

hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hiya!   hiya! Icon_minitimeThu 29 Feb - 22:38

PaintedScales wrote:
Oh hi! I think I've seen some of your posts and GPoses on Tumblr! :>Welcome!

L'aiha sounds like such a joy to be around. ; w ; I'll have to poke around her carrd when I have more spoons to deal with more tabs than I currently have (I'm not a tab hoarder, I swear! They've just gotten out of control these last few days while I've been doing my own research  hiya! 1f62d ).

I've also been really enjoying Dungeon Meshi! It's been a great anime to watch on Thursday nights with the partner. ; w ; Aaaa I wish it didn't make me so hungry sometimes, though, haha. All the food looks so delicious!

hiiii thank you so much!!!! i'm so sure i know more people here than i think i do, i'm terrible with names LMAO. it means a lot that you'd consider checking her out!!! (AND HUGE MOOD ABOUT THE TABS GOD.)

yay fellow dunmeshi! Very Happy i've heard a lot of good things from friends who read the manga so i'm really excited. i loooove everyone though, and it's so fun because i've seen senshi's english va on twitter for such a long time!!!! so cool to get to see him in a Whole Thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hiya! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hiya!   hiya! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hiya!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Your First Adventure :: Arrivals-
Jump to: