HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything

Go down 
WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay
Artist : No
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Empty
PostSubject: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 17:52

Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Ffxiv_10

Name: Tyrrinan Kaetheral (he prefers "Tyr" just fine)
Apparent Age/Actual Age: 32
Occupation(s): Former farmhand, bodyguard
Relationship Status: Single (and looking!)
Strengths: Honest, reliable, selfless, considerate, generous
Weaknesses: Overly selfless, reckless, overly generous, sheltered, compulsive
Favorite Food: Anything involving a red meat stew
Vices: Sex, alcohol, brawling

While this post is Out Of Character, any questions asked will be answered In Character.
Back to top Go down
TheDeerLord
Adventurer
TheDeerLord

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 20:25

Hello Tyr! A red meat stew sounds pretty tasty to me, do you usually do the cooking of those kinds of meals? If you are the resident cook, what ingredients would you include in an ideal stew, if you could get them without trouble? And if not, who makes the best stew?

Also, what was it like being a farmhand? Was that kind of life something you want to get back to, or were you trying to move away from it?
Back to top Go down
WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 20:50

TheDeerLord wrote:
Hello Tyr! A red meat stew sounds pretty tasty to me, do you usually do the cooking of those kinds of meals? If you are the resident cook, what ingredients would you include in an ideal stew, if you could get them without trouble? And if not, who makes the best stew?

Also, what was it like being a farmhand? Was that kind of life something you want to get back to, or were you trying to move away from it?

Tyrrinan sets down the book he was reading, and leans back in his seat, slouching just a bit-- not out of his usual habits, but rather, to make himself seem a little less like a giant. He's trying to be approachable, not intimidating, after all. His voice is a low, smooth baritone, and he speaks a little slowly, as if he's putting weight behind every syllable.

"Under the consideration that I live alone, I have no choice but to be the resident chef. That said, the best stews are the ones where the chef remembers that there are more root vegetables than simply popotoes." He laughs softly, the smile lighting up his whole face, his eyes. "Good stew is less about a recipe and more about a feeling. Use what you have. Take care in how you use it. Season it generously. If you have fun cooking it, you're like to have fun eating it."

His smile falters, however, when asked about being a farmhand. "Being a farmhand is a fine way to develop discipline, but... my wanderlust grew too large, especially when I watched adventurers come and go, passing through my area. Sometimes they'd buy food from me as they passed, and hearing their stories made me want to make some of my own. I could fall back onto farming if I really, truly wanted to-- but I don't want to. There is too much world to see for me to stay locked behind a fence."
Back to top Go down
TheDeerLord
Adventurer
TheDeerLord

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 0:53

That sounds like some good advice that probably applies to more than just cooking stew. I know you mentioned you live alone right now, but are there any people who have the privilege of sampling your cooking or sharing your company on a regular basis? I'd imagine anyone in that position would count themselves pretty lucky!

And I can definitely understand that desire to travel and experience new things. Do you have a favorite place or region that you like to visit? I'd love to hear about the best parts of your travels so far!
Back to top Go down
WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 5:03

TheDeerLord wrote:
That sounds like some good advice that probably applies to more than just cooking stew. I know you mentioned you live alone right now, but are there any people who have the privilege of sampling your cooking or sharing your company on a regular basis? I'd imagine anyone in that position would count themselves pretty lucky!

And I can definitely understand that desire to travel and experience new things. Do you have a favorite place or region that you like to visit? I'd love to hear about the best parts of your travels so far!

Tyrrinan just gives a little smile as he shakes his head. "Not really. I don't really own much of anything that I can use to cook a meal for people, unless I'm camping... and I usually do not have guests with me when I camp. I travel alone, except for when I'm taking bodyguard work, and I've yet to take any kind of work that lasts much longer than 'get in, kill the monsters, get the treasure, and get out'." There's a slow roll of broad shoulders. "On rare occasion, I might decide I'm hungry immediately after work and a client or a fellow bodyguard will linger, and they'll see that I hedge together stews from whatever, whenever, but otherwise, it's mostly for me."

Another shrug.

"I don't find that I long for anywhere so much as I do the sights of La Noscea. It is where I spent most of my youth, and every so often in my travels, I go back to it just to get the nostalgia pangs out of my system." He laughs, reaching up to rub the back of his neck as he glances away, a little shy. "Of all the ways I can control my emotions and my behavior, nostalgia is something that grips me tight every now and again, and I can't stand it."
Back to top Go down
angel_dlatu
Adventurer
angel_dlatu

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 12:33

Why give up farmwork in favor of becoming a bodyguard? It's stable work with reliable seasons and a lot less dangerous. What spurred this switch?

Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 17:12

angel_dlatu wrote:
Why give up farmwork in favor of becoming a bodyguard? It's stable work with reliable seasons and a lot less dangerous. What spurred this switch?

Tyrrinan smiles, and while it's warm and wide, there's a bit of a mischievous glimmer in his eyes. "Farmwork is stable and reliable, and isn't very dangerous, and as such... is a little bit boring. I live by myself, I work by myself, and after seeing some of the visitors that have passed through the area, well... I'm not really satisfied just listening to stories. Not anymore."

His posture shifts, and instead of the cautious slump he permits, he sits upright to his fullest. He's tall and composed as he moves. "I have good shoulders and strong hands, and the farmwork that I was used to lent very well to wielding a very large axe. Heading to the Marauder's Guild just felt like... a step I could take."

"For what it's worth, I actually took a long while to settle on whether or not I'd really commit to it. I did have a good life, if dull, back home, so I swore to myself that if I didn't love the life of an adventurer, I wouldn't push. I quickly grew to love it-- seeing new places, meeting new people. Traveling to Thanalan and the Black Shroud, hearing all the stories of adventurers from the city-states, finding pretty girls to charm with a smooth baritone voice and the ability to play guitar. That--" He pauses, chuckling, shaking his head. He rubs the back of his neck.

"That actually might be the most honest bit about it. I was lonely. Adventure commonly means I'm less lonely."
Back to top Go down
PaintedScales
Adventurer
PaintedScales
Artist : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 22:22

I see that you're in search of romance! What would you like in an ideal partner? Shared interests? Common goals? Perhaps you believe in the idea that opposites attract at all? :O I suppose, what would you find attractive if someone approached you? What would be a bit of a spark for you do you imagine?

WanderersWay
Sprout
WanderersWay

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitimeThu 29 Feb - 10:42

PaintedScales wrote:
I see that you're in search of romance! What would you like in an ideal partner? Shared interests? Common goals? Perhaps you believe in the idea that opposites attract at all? :O I suppose, what would you find attractive if someone approached you? What would be a bit of a spark for you do you imagine?

There's amusement writ plain on the hrothgar's face, his head canted to the side. "What, are you about to play matchmaker? Did Menphina whisper something in your ear about helping out the big teddy bear of a marauder? Not that I mind or anything if she did; I've never been much of a religious sort, but I'm a man who could be convinced."

He laughs, the smile lighting up his whole face, and he lets out a relieved little sigh afterwards, reaching up to wipe away a tear that came to his eye, unbidden. "To be honest, I'm not even sure what ideal would mean to me. I've only had a couple of experiences with romance that lasted beyond a one-night-stand, and I can at least say that both the girls in question had a lot in common."

Despite the confidence in that statement, he takes a long moment to ponder, hand stroking his chin as he looks up. "They were both confident, for sure. They had a real keen sense of their self worth and didn't let anyone disrespect that. I might play the part of a bodyguard, but I'm not looking for a damsel in distress. I'd rather have someone to stand beside me, not behind me. They were both tiny little ladies, too. One was a Keeper Miqo'te lass and the other, a Raen Au Ra. They were both very affectionate-- I'm not shy about public displays of affection. Hang on my arm, cuddle up, sit on my lap. They were both very honest, as well. Never had any doubt because their words always matched their actions."

"I suppose I should mention that we were in a three-person relationship, too. I don't know what the word is for that, if there is an easy term for it, but it just sort of fell into place and I never questioned it."

He clears his throat, glancing away. "They were into the adventuring life, as well. They went off on a job one time when I couldn't join them-- I had a contract of my own that was paying good money-- and they were so confident that they'd be fine that I trusted them. They, uh. They weren't fine." He trails off at that, then clears his throat again.

"But anyways, yeah. Adventurous, affectionate. Direct. Monogamy optional."

(Tyrrinan then leans in and whispers - click to read):
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything   Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyrrinan Kaetheral - Ask Him Anything
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: Ask Them Anything-
Jump to: