HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Statice

Go down 
mandervillious
Sprout
mandervillious
Artist : no
Roleplayer : yes
Writer : yes

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 2:40

I recently obtained the Statice mount and was tickled by the details in the description.

Statice  Image

I know we all love Eos and Selene (RIP my heart will go on plays), but it opened my brain up to the fact that this means every scholar can have their own personalized Eorzean fairy OC and it's still very much lore compliant. I know we've also got a literal fae friend from the First, but wouldn't it be fun if they could be friends too? Or if there were more faeries around the world like Statice who are old and strong because their aether never ran out? That is to say, we can summon more than forever carbies, so there's a lot of room for cool creativity. 

Putting this out there because I really, really would like to see all different kinds of faerie OCs from the Source. It would be super cute and fun. As for my scholar muse... I'm definitely thinking one up for her!

Adventurer extraordinaire
OrionAllthoughts
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : No
Writer : Yes

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 3:28

Oooooh that is really good lore! Now you have me thinking about individualizing Eos...
Back to top Go down

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitimeTue 27 Feb - 21:37

I haven't much thought about this because my scholar is languishing at low levels, but it does occur to me reading this:

If a scholar's fairy is custom built by the scholar and is its own unique being, wouldn't that mean that the general population is rejoined enough to now start being able to do creation magics reliably, whether they call it that or not? Reading this text description, it's pretty much saying that particularly strong magic workers can create a being that lasts past their deaths (with soul? without soul?) which is just another way of saying creation magic and us collectively getting closer to the Ancients.

Or am I extrapolating this wrong?
Back to top Go down
amaurot
Sprout
amaurot
Artist : Yes
Roleplayer : Yes
Writer : Yes

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 1:18

Ooh, I have a fairy OC from the source!! When I found out that the fae in the source could hypothetically look like anything I was so excited. Their name is chickadee, their Toyhouse profile is here! Very Happy
I love, love the fae both in the source and the first. So glad we're getting more info on it!
Back to top Go down
mandervillious
Sprout
mandervillious

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 1:53

Chiclet wrote:
I haven't much thought about this because my scholar is languishing at low levels, but it does occur to me reading this:

If a scholar's fairy is custom built by the scholar and is its own unique being, wouldn't that mean that the general population is rejoined enough to now start being able to do creation magics reliably, whether they call it that or not? Reading this text description, it's pretty much saying that particularly strong magic workers can create a being that lasts past their deaths (with soul? without soul?) which is just another way of saying creation magic and us collectively getting closer to the Ancients.

It really depends on how you want to read it. Personally, I think of it more like tsukumogami. After enough time and experience, the object or being becomes more itself over time. Being created out of human sentimentality, a history of use, a specific memory--it's broad enough to apply to a familiar. It could individualize enough that it became independent enough to exist beyond its creator's death. After all, the line is "her aether refused to disperse," with the reason as to why being up for interpretation.

Obviously, FFXIV is a lot about self-actualizing through sheer force of determination. It could be dynamis. It could be rule of cool (read: letting us take creativity where we want). It could literally be the power of friendship. There isn't really an argument against the idea that people on the Source might be rejoined enough to create actual beings, or are on the precipice of becoming so.

Generally, I avoid interpreting the lore too specifically. I prefer to have as much space as I can to be creative without having to follow a rigid lawbook. I also want others to be able to explore as much as they can. So, any lore that broadens the possibilities of the stories being told in the fandom is great!

Sprout
mandervillious

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitimeWed 28 Feb - 1:53

amaurot wrote:
Ooh, I have a fairy OC from the source!! When I found out that the fae in the source could hypothetically look like anything I was so excited. Their name is chickadee, their Toyhouse profile is here! Very Happy
I love, love the fae both in the source and the first. So glad we're getting more info on it!
They are SO cute!! I love them!!!

Statice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Statice    Statice  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Statice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Etheirys :: Into The Woods :: The Guiding Hand :: Lore-
Jump to: